cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Configure Me Wifi network on 510

RN7777
New Contributor

I

I  just moved into a house that had a setup of the Ruckus 510. I was not given password or ID. I hooked my Orbi mesh network to it and its mostly fine, but I would like to take control of the 510 seeing as the main AP is on the third floor and there are other APs on my ceiling on first and second floor. I tried a factory reset (holding the button down for 10 seconds), and am still not seeing the "Configure Me" option for a WiFi network. I am still very new to setting up a network etc and some of the posts I found on the internet deep dive beyond what I understand. I see a "Ruckus Unleashed" option but requires a password, and the app on the phone gets to needs to connect to configure me to proceed any further. All the YouTube videos assume you bought it and therefore are setting up brand new or that the factory reset allows the configure me option. Anybody have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

ByWar
New Contributor

Are you still having issues?

RN7777
New Contributor

Yes I am. My two APs that are not the main also have a red light on them. I have tried multiple factory resets and haven't had any luck.

ByWar
New Contributor

I'm thinking something is wrong with the firmware on those APs. Can you remove one from the ceiling, connect it directly to the network switch, connect a laptop or desktop to the second port on the AP and set that device's IP to  192.168.0.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.  Then open your browser and try an access the AP at 192.168.0.1. If you can get connect post a screen capture.