cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Outage caused my LAN ports not to work

MrAntCali48
New Contributor

I had to power house down to fix the A/C unit and I can't seem to get my LAN ports to activate. The access points work ok, I have the blinking green lights but nothing connected to the ports seem to get internet. HELP!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, I can see from the pictures shared, earlier your Switch was booted up on the secondary partition which is on SPR (Routing Code) and now you have your Switch booted up on the Primary partition which is on SPS (Switching Code). It must be on the SPS code for Lennar Home users.

Earlier:

Now:

To avoid this issue in the future please execute the below commands on the CLI to bring your Switch Secondary partition also on the SPS code. In case your Switch boots up on the secondary partition in the future due to power outage/power spikes there won’t be any such issues.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command)
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Imran_ruckus

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after a power outage/surge.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Goodmorning Imran,

Thank you for your response, Here are the pictures show the status of my unit. 

Status, Syst, Pwr is GreenStatus, Syst, Pwr is GreenMy 2 Gig Internet Connection from my Internet Service Provider (ISP) is stable and working. When I connect  my Macbook Pro to my router Wi-Fi and ethernet cable from Router is in perfect condition. 

Upstairs APUpstairs APDownstairs APDownstairs APShows DisconnectionShows DisconnectionIMG_0889.JPG

I have a 2 Gig fiber Router and this is what my AP provides nowI have a 2 Gig fiber Router and this is what my AP provides now

also online it's saying that I am missing the IP address for the RUCKUS ICX and I think it is possible that the Ruckus ICX is running routing codes that are wrong? 

Also 

What cable do you recommend for me to use to Console the ICX? Thank you in advance!

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the light status of the Switch and the Access Points, they are in a normal state.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

It shows that the switch does not exist just the APs, So I unplugged it again and it was okay for an hour, Speed was 900+ upload and 300+ download from the APs, and the Lan cable, had the Apple TV going to test. After an hour then the movie paused and the Cc was still going 

What happens if I just do a Factory Reset, will the license go away, and if it does how do I get it back the way it was when I purchased my house? Thank you in advance, I am studying Networking now so the Command line is a little confusing for me at this point!