cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset and other issues after upgrading to 09010e on ICX 7150

cycotron69
New Contributor

Hi, I upgraded my RUCKUS ICX 7150 from FastIron 08080d --> 08080f --> 08095g --> 09010e.  Everything was fine until I did the 09010e upgrade.  Post upgrade, I'm forced to login with an username/password when connected via USB serial console.  I attempted to reset the default user's password via the boot menu + no password approach, but it doesn't work.  Fortunately, I'm still able to login with a local user account I had previously created.  However, the config terminal doesn't seem to be functioning at 100%.  Some commands are not available, for example:

(config)# enable user password-masking

Other commands produces errors, example:

(config)# no enable skip-page-display
Enable page display mode
Failure, key doesn't exist

I think I follow the document pretty closely on the upgrade.  The switch seems to operating correctly so far, but seems the management console and maybe some configuration did not upgrade properly.  Any ideas on why I'm encountering these issues and how to get past them?  Should I do a factory reset? or re-flash the images?  I can also downgrade to 08095, but not able to find detailed instructions.  Appreciate any help, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Jayavidhya

Hi @cycotron69 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the details provided.

For upgrading the switch the most recommended version is 08095g UFI. Please downgrade the version from 09010e to 08095g by  selecting the version 08095g and then click downgrade.

Also please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.  Where do I find the downgrade option?  Unleash is currently unable to connect to the switch so I can't see what options are there.  Web mgmt for the switch itself only have option to upload firmware image.  Should I just upload the older 08095g image and reload the switch?  Is there console command instruction for downgrading?

Hi @cycotron69 

To downgrade to 08095g version please select the 08095g (the code that is already downloaded) as mentioned below and proceed with the upgradation process.

Yarenis_0-1668210797842.png

For more details please follow the below link to downgrade to 08095g code.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-an-Upgrade-vi...

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community