cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Switch rebooted after power outage and will not resend power to my AP’s

GlennJ
New Contributor II

I have a ruckus switch ICX 7150-C12P. The power went out and rebooted it. I am now left with the switch having a lit up amber light on syst and a green on power. I have tried repowering the modem and the switch itself. I have also reseated all cat 5 cables to and from the switch and the AP’s. The AP’s currently have no power since the switch is POE. Does anyone have a solution to get the switch to resend out internet signal to the AP’s? Thanks a ton! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GlennJ

Based on your troubleshooting you have done, since the ICX 7150-12P is no responding even to the console connection, this unit must be RMA (return merchandise authorization) means replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

Chat:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Note: Please mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

It takes 5 seconds to change, if you hold down the button and nothing happens, the next thing will be the software recovery.

GlennJ
New Contributor II

So I have a Mac what which does not have a usb port but the new ports. Also Insee for an 71750 only steps for windows OS. Are those steps the same for a MacBook?

Hi @GlennJ 

If you check the all guide, it came with both options to access via console with a MAC and windows, ones you gain access you need to follow up the same steps of the guide to fix the routing code issue (the commands does no change from MAC or Windows's computer), now if your computer does not have a USB port there are adapters, or you can hire a tech that can fix it for you.

GlennJ
New Contributor II

Can a tech fix this remotely? 

Hi @GlennJ 

well, we do no offer onsite technical support assistance, now if you hire a tech he must visit the house, due that the console access is physical access to the Switch.