cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet after brief power outage

heroppatel
New Contributor

I have one ICX 7150 and two AP's in my Lennar home. After power outage, we are not getting consistent internet. After troubleshooting, I have concluded that issue is with ICX switch. When I change incoming internet's ethernet connection from C1 to C2 and vice versa, internet issue seems to resolve for time being. After half a day to 1 day, issue comes back again and I have to everytime change the connection to get unintrupted internet within house. I am using AT&T fiber optics cable. No dropout issues observed directly from AT&T modem/router. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? 

I have read that after power outage, ICX sometime goes in router mode from switch mode and this would cause internet issues. If that's true, I need help to bring back ICX switch to it's factor default mode without any coding since I don't have coding experience. 

18 REPLIES 18

Yarenis

Hi @heroppatel 

According to your description, seems the Switch is booting from the incorrect partition after the power outage causing the connection issues, Please follow up the guide to fix the issue.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

I found IP address but still not able to connect to the SWITCH when entering web address to the browser. Am I missing anything? 

Hi @heroppatel 

You must be connected to the same network, for example, connected to the Unleashed Wi-Fi signal, or you can even connect a computer with an Ethernet cable to your service provider's router, once connected you can test by running the following command ping <IP of the Switch> from the CMD application of the computer the result can be like the one in the image I will add, with this test you will confirm if the computer is reachable or not, now if the computer is not reachable, you must perform the steps but locally connecting to the Switch with a console cable, I will add the guide.

1:Testing connectivity to from the computer to the Switch IP address:

Start button>type CMD>open the command promt>run the command ping <IP of the Switch>

Yarenis_0-1669047203046.png

2:If you are connected to the same network, and you cannot reach the Switch, follow up the guide to solve the issue, but via console.

Note: There are two guides, both are for the same, you can read both to see which is better to follow up.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-solve-the-routing-cod...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Thanks for a quick response. After following two processes

1). I can send ping and receive without any lost. I am not sure if I am using AP's IP address or switch though.

2). After connecting USB-C cable. I can see 'Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM1)' become active on device manager.. However, when I am trying to connect through Putty, I am not getting any response from switch