cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icx7150 switch won’t reboot after power outage

jcortez5501
New Contributor

Tried everything I found on the portal but I don’t have a computer degree so I still can’t get it running. Need to see if there is another option to get this back or at the very least reset to factory defaults. Tried the the reset button option but the light have been flashing amber for hours and still nothing. Need help please

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jcortez5501 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS switch is stuck in reboot mode after a power outage.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I have been trying to get assistance for my issue I have tried everything you have sent and the device will not communicate to get it out of boot mode. There is a lifetime warranty on This device what is the next step because I need to get this back up and running 

Hi @jcortez5501 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As described in my previous post, could you please let me know if you tried to reset the Switch with a paper clip, and if the reset doesn’t work have you tried software recovery to the Switch?

Please note, that your RUCKUS Switch is stuck on boot mode which is a software issue and can be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps. As per our policies warranty is not covered on software issues as this can be resolved.

If you have followed the troubleshooting steps described in my previous post, could you please let me know what step you are stuck or please help us with a screenshot?

Sharing the process once again below, please check and try once again.

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

please to reset the Switch as described below in the VIDEO:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please note, we must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Yes I have attempted to reboot this device over a hundred times and the lights just flash after. I have attempted the steps below but get communication errors so the device will not communicate with my computer I need to speak with someone because the directions are not as clear as you make them out to be 

Hi @jcortez5501 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

Please note, that this forum is on a best-effort support basis.

Could you please share a Picture showing the software recovery cable connections between the Switch and the Laptop? Also please share the screenshot of the errors you are getting while performing the software recovery process.

Please help us with the above requested information to assist you further.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.