cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 not booting after being unplugged

connor_mcdonald
New Contributor II

Hello,

After being unplugged I noticed that my switch was not booting properly and that the light for "system" is a solid amber color. After some searching on forums, etc I believe that the boot config file has been corrupted or along those lines.

I attempted to follow this YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=11s) to flash a new image to the switch but I am unable to provide keyboard input while using HyperTerminal or SecureCRT. I have ensured that the settings are configured as Baud 9600, data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1, and flow control none. I have tried this while using a RJ-45 cable to serial and serial to USB. I have also tried using a USB-C to USB-A cable.

Here is the log that displays when the switch is connected to secureCRT:

Ruckus Wireless Bootloader: 10.1.14T225 (Nov 15 2018 - 04:59:18 -0800)

Booted from partition 2
DRAM: Validate Shmoo parameters stored in flash ..... OK

ICX7150-12 (POE), PVT1
SYS CPLD VER: 0x4 Released Ver: 0xa

device 0 offset 0x0, size 0xc0000
Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor: 0
bootdelay: ===
Booting image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
7 ecc_errors after reading 18b8000:18b9c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
could not boot from primary, no valid image; trying to boot from secondary
BOOTING image from Secondary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x4000000, size 0x2000000
1 ecc_errors after reading 58b8000:58b8800
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 4000000 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
ICX7150-Boot>

As I stated above, I cannot provide keyboard input to enter "b" to stop at boot monitor.

At this point I am unsure what to do or even if I assumed correctly that the config file become corrupted during the power outage.

I have no networking experience so I hope that someone can help me with the issue I am having.

Thanks!

Connor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I followed the upgrade via flash drive guide last night. It looks like I’m back online and the boot loop no longer occurs once the switch loses power. 

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @ Connor_mcdonald

Thanks for your confirmation. Please feel to reach out to us if you find any issues.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hey Connor, 

Did you do this via MacBook.  I'm having trouble consoling into my switch.  

I ended up needing to use a PC and connecting via RJ-45 cable to serial and serial to USBA. You should also be able to use a USBC to USBA. I think that I read somewhere that using USBC to USBC to mac doesn’t work for some reason.

Once I have the USB C to USB A connected, where do I access the console on a MAC?

Outside of fixing this particular issue I had I do not have much IT/networking experience so I’m not sure. I found this article though, hopefully it helps: 

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-9FB7FB94-16E9-4FB8-8BBB-8B1BDD9B7E7...