cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Power Outage No POE or Switch Connections Work

itjason916
New Contributor

ICX7150 Switch no longer has lights on any of ports with the exception of the Out-Of-Band port. I attempted to recover with USB drive but the commands on the board do not work. I attempted to run an TFTP server but after switching to a static IP address of 192.168.0.2, the address could not be pinged as it was "not alive." Can anyone help me? 

8 REPLIES 8

Yarenis

Hi @itjason916 

Take in consideration that the connection from the Out-Of-Band port in the Switch to the Computer Ethernet cable, is how you will be able to ping from Switch to the Computer, so please share a picture while the Switch is connected to the computer, also share the printenv command from the Switch and the computer the static configuration for the IP address.

Network connection>Ethernet>Internet protocol version 4>IP set up

Yarenis_0-1672696757119.png

From Switch

Yarenis_1-1672696906125.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

Yes, please see the screenshot. It shows ping command in Putty, IP address config in Windows and ip on TFTP. The RJ45 is connected from the Out-Of-Band port to my ethernet port in my laptop (not pictured).

Here's one of the printenv.345-EFA88-5321-4687-B7-FD-140-A97-F0-AA96

Hi @itjason916 

I can see that the configuration is fine, however, what is that black cable that is connected to the USB port, what you need is an Ethernet cable from the Out-Of-Band to the Ethernet port on the computer, this is the one that create the connectivity to perform the software recovery, in the guide it is confirmed that the Out-Of-Band that is over the USB one.

Yarenis_0-1672762103076.png

Example:

Yarenis_1-1672762440200.pngYarenis_2-1672762470837.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community