cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Switch to Router Code

kvon12
New Contributor II

Hello,

I need to move from switch to router code on a stack of ICX 7550s. Current software is 8095g and that wont be changing just moving to the router code version. 

Before this is done, I was wondering what the impact will be on the current configuration? Will all of the configuration transfer over? I am assuming it will but wanted to try and verify that before I make the change.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

The biggest item to consider is IP addressing. Rather than a global IP address, you will now need to configure a VE and/or use the out of band mgmt port. I would advise doing the upgrade via physical console as you will likely lose IP connectivity as you switch to router code. Other than that, most things function exactly the same. 

Edit: You will need to add a default route and/or routing as well. Your default gateway statement will go away.

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 <gateway-ip-address>

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

The biggest item to consider is IP addressing. Rather than a global IP address, you will now need to configure a VE and/or use the out of band mgmt port. I would advise doing the upgrade via physical console as you will likely lose IP connectivity as you switch to router code. Other than that, most things function exactly the same. 

Edit: You will need to add a default route and/or routing as well. Your default gateway statement will go away.

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 <gateway-ip-address>

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

kvon12
New Contributor II

Thank you.