cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I retrieve my SCI serial # from the CLI....?

pmonardo
New Contributor III

As the subject mentions, how do I retrieve my SCI serial # from the CLI....?
I no longer have access to the webui after attempting to perform an offline upgrade from 5.4.2 to 5.5.3

12 REPLIES 12

fabian_garzon_b
New Contributor III

Hello use the Following commmand in SCI CLI

sudo docker exec consul ./vendor/consul/consul-linux kv get clusters/default/serial_number

FABIAN GARZON

pmonardo
New Contributor III

Thanks @fabian_garzon_baquero but looks like I am out of diskspace so it does not work.

root@demo-20578186 ~ # sudo docker exec consul ./vendor/consul/consul-linux kv get clusters/default/serial                                        _number
OCI runtime exec failed: open /tmp/runc-process254483419: no space left on device: unknown
root@demo-20578186 ~ #

fabian_garzon_b
New Contributor III

You can Try Delete the Old versions from previous Upgrades or Delete parquet files to free some space.

Rectification is to manually remove old images. Please run the below commands on the master as well as all the data nodes.

Inspect space on the storage engine.
docker info | grep Space
List available versions of images.
docker images | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq
Remove images by version number.  Note: be very sure you are not removing a version currently in use.
sudo docker rmi -f `docker images | grep {version} | awk '{print $3}'`
For e.g., to delete all v 2.2.0 images, the command would be
sudo docker rmi -f `docker images | grep {v2.2.0} | awk '{print $3}’`
In some cases, we have noted that the above command does not work with the curly braces so if the above does not work for you, please try with the below:
sudo docker rmi -f `docker images | grep v2.2.0 | awk '{print $3}’`

FABIAN GARZON

pmonardo
New Contributor III

for whatever reason those escape characters don't seem to work. I have tried a few different ones....' " etc...