Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZ-H northbound interface configuration and JSON Respond

hayder_al_windi
New Contributor III

We are using the Ruckus Virtual Smartzone High Scale controller
ver.5.1.1.0.589.
We are trying to setup Hotspot WISPr with the custom Login portal and Radius Auth. I have configured the northbound interface with user/password

The northbound interface is supporting JSON commands, according to the documents (https://support.alcadis.nl/Support_files/Ruckus/SmartZone//Manuals/SmartZone%203.5.x/SmartZone%203.5...)

when the JASON request send to NBI, the NBI expects to receive encrypted UE-IP and UE-MAC address and by default, the encryption is enabled

I have used this command on Controller just for testing purpose  ruckus(config)# [no] encrypt-mac-ip   to disable the encryption

Now the question is how I validate the command is working? where to see JSON responses as it is shown below in the example

Image_ images_messages_6066582ec22d662249f8336b_99fdbd9304065e6d59ef13ffaf706a9f_aaa-9ddec9cc-6f0b-4e14-8463-444ed83cce7f-1238397220.PNG

Please forgive my ignorance as this is my first time trying to use a captive portal and learn more about it ‘

2 REPLIES 2

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Hayder,

Check the vSZ event logs, you will she the client information with its correct MAC address vs encrypted MAC when MAC encryption is enabled.

Or take packet capture on your server or on controller and you should be able to check the client MAC info.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

garrett_collier
New Contributor III

What application name is the NBI log located under?