cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R750 Disconnecting from Cloud

joe_conger
New Contributor
I added 5 R750 APs to the cloud. One of them stays connected. The other four will connect and then disconnect every half hour. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Joe,

Delete those 4 APs from Cloud and factory reset them one by one and then SSH into each and follow below.
  • Check what AP firmware is there on these APs (Command: get version)
  • Check if AP can reach internet (Command: ping 8.8.8.8)
  • Make sure firewall is not blocking port 443 and 22.
  • Make sure ap-registrar.ruckuswireless.com is not blocked on firewall.
  • Refer article #000007992 and make sure Cloud controller IPs are not blocked on firewall.
  • If above things look good, add the AP's serial number on Cloud.
If still facing the issue, please report the issue to Ruckus support.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

joe_conger
New Contributor
When I SSH into them it asks for a username/password.  I try super/sp-admin and it doesn't work.  Like I said it's odd that the very first one I added works fine.  The others are up and down.  I have multiple R710 and R720 that are stable so I know everything is opened on the firewall.  Could it be a power issue?

Hi Jeo,

If AP joined the Cloud and you try to access it then super/sp-admin will not work. You have to remove the AP from Cloud, factory reset it and then only you can SSH into it using the default credentials.

R750 needs 802.3af power at minimum for the basic functions so I dont think POE power should be an issue. Could you check how long AP shows online in portal and also check if local network connectivity and internet connection is fine or not.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn