cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with adding a R310 to a pre-existing Cisco environment

eric_buffington
New Contributor II
New to Ruckus and a network lightweight in general.  I'm trying to intruduce a R310 to our pre-exisiting Cisco enviornment.  We have Cisco switches, Routers, APs, Cisco Amp, and Cisco ISE.  I can get an ip address shcp and get the AP authenticated to the network but that is as far as it goes.   I can't seem to get it registered to the Ruckus Cloud.  Any tips would be helpful.
5 REPLIES 5

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Eric,

Ruckus Cloud is very easy to deploy, please make sure that these APs are running Unleashed Firmware version if not please download the firmware from below link and upgrade the AP.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1817-ruckus-unleashed-ap-200-6-10-1-312-ga-refresh2-soft...

1. Access the AP using its IP address, if it is on Stand Alone Firmware (106/104 code) use super/sp-admin as the username/password and login.
2.Navigate to Maintenance>>Upgrade>> Select local and select the Unleashed firmware and click OK.
3.Click on Perform upgrade for the firmware to be loaded on to the AP.

After the upgrade the AP would reboot and should be in Unleashed Firmware; please log into Ruckus Cloud account and click on Add AP, enter APs serial number and click OK.

If the APs has access to internet the AP would find Cloud Controller and it would start downloading the configuration and new firmware, wait for about 10 to 15 mins APs should show connected on Ruckus Cloud.

Welcome to Ruckus Family.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

eric_buffington
New Contributor II
I did everything you said and I am able to get to the device.  It has an IP (dhcp), gateway, dns, ethernet, and internet connections all have green checks.  I added the AP to the Cloud and still says, "AP never contacted cloud."  I have it running on the same Vlan as our current Cisco AP's.  The R310 is broadcasting and I can connect clients to it but it doesn't want to connect to the cloud.  Any thoughts?

abilash_pr
New Contributor III
Hi Eric,

It looks like you have set up the Unleashed AP, did you set up the Unleashed Network after upgrading it with Unleashed firmware ?

If yes, please factory reset the AP and wait for few minutes, the AP would connect to Ruckus Cloud automatically.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

That did the trick!  Thank you.