cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backwards migration - vSCG to ZD

daniel_beaver_6
New Contributor II
I've found dozens of posts and even PDFs detailing how to easily migrate APs from a ZD to vSCG, but what about migrating them back to the ZD?  For context, we had migrated the APs to vSCG as a temporary measure while the ZD was sent in for RMA, and now we need to move them back since the property does not pay for vSCG licenses.

In the past, we've always had to remove the DHCP option, then SSH into each AP individually, factory default them, then restart and they would usually reach the ZD; for some reason, if we do not default them, they only sometimes (and rarely) reach the ZD for configuration.  

Is there a way to do this without having to SSH into hundreds of APs manually?  

(Aps are ZF7352 & R500 mixed, the ZD is a ZD1100 with firmware 9.9.0.0 build 212)
6 REPLIES 6

christian_rotte
New Contributor II
I can confirm to the post of Arthur, it really works thisway, to back-migrate from vSN-e back to ZD1200.

for r500 this is the setting
   fw set control r500/10.1.1.0.42/r500_1011_cntrl.rcks

and for r510 this is my setting
   fw set control r510/10.1.1.0.42/r510_1011_cntrl.rcks

and please use the correct password 🙂 You can find out the actual pwd, when you connect a new AP-R510 to the ZD1200 and let the ZD1200 config the R510. Then by CLI make and you will see the aktual ftp-Password.

I believe on new firmware it is now encrypted 🙂

You can specify the you! thank you