Stuck with the installation of vSPOT On AWS

ramesh_goud_gun
New Contributor III
I am trying to install the vSPOT on AWS, but i am unable to go further

ROLLBACK_COMPLETE AWS::CloudFormation::Stack New-vSPOT
DELETE_COMPLETE AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup vSPoTSecurityGroup
DELETE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup vSPoTSecurityGroup
DELETE_COMPLETE AWS::EC2::Instance vSPoTInstanceWithNewStorage
ROLLBACK_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack New-vSPOT The following resource(s) failed to create: [vSPoTInstanceWithNewStorage]. . Rollback requested by user.
CREATE_FAILED AWS::EC2::Instance vSPoTInstanceWithNewStorage API: ec2:RunInstances Not authorized for images: [ami-9d288bf2]
CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::EC2::Instance vSPoTInstanceWithNewStorage
CREATE_COMPLETE AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup vSPoTSecurityGroup
Physical ID:New-vSPOT-vSPoTSecurityGroup-3VZPTDEHPZLQ
Client Request Token:Console-CreateStack-a17f6442-dca5-4465-a2ca-df829322258a
CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup vSPoTSecurityGroup Resource creation Initiated
CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::EC2::SecurityGroup vSPoTSecurityGroup
CREATE_IN_PROGRESS AWS::CloudFormation::Stack New-vSPOT User Initiated
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hello Ramesh, 

I started to write to the SPOT developers, but you haven't given us enough context.
I see a rollback, requested by user, and not authorized for images.  If that makes sense
to you (I admit I have no AWS install experience) good, or else you probably ought to 
contact our Tech Support team to investigate/assist at a deeper level.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Even I am facing the same issue while deployment using AWS. I suspect the AMI image is either deprecated or unable to be found. I am using the default template vspot.template provided. Out of curious I did search for the AMI in the AWS Marketplace and public AMI list but couldn't find any of them across various regions that are menioned in the mapping. Any further help provided will be great. I am constantly investigating on this at the moment.....

Hi Anandan,

You need to contact the Support team, to give permissions for your amazon account to use the Template.

Regards
Ramesh