cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection fails between iPad and Apple TV via airplay on same access point

jos_vens
New Contributor II
Hi,

we have problems connecting iPad with Apple TV via airplay when the Apple TV is connected on the same access point as the iPad.
The iPad can't "see" the apple TV, but is able to see other apple TV's connected to other APs.

Firmware is 9.5 on ZD1112, and APs are ZF7372

Any help is appreciated
Jos Vens
23 REPLIES 23

Brian the "check for updates" won't.  Use the Support Portal firmware Downloads page, for your model of ZoneDirector and you'll find all our versions of ZD code.

9.5.1.0.50 was a good release, but we have much newer code today.

Yeah, I figured that out.   I updated it the other day to the latest 9.8, I believe?

Thanks

ali_jaber
New Contributor
visit www.pakedge.com  best APs and switches

brian_blair_695
New Contributor
Well we are looking into purchasing/upgrading our switches in our network, but we just purchased those AP's a year and a half ago, and we just don't the dollars to replace the Ruckus AP's and the moment.  Thanks!

bob_williamson
New Contributor III
As of the latest versions of both the IOS and the apple TV, Apple is using a more direct route.  Disconnect the Apple TV from the network (wireless and wired) completely, enable bluetooth on the ipad, then do an airplay.

With the latest revisions, the bluetooth is used for discovery, then the apple TV and the iDevice connect directly to one another on channels 149/153.  I have yet to play with it much, but my guess is it should work very well as long as your wireless is not using 149/153.

Bob