cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client App Login

neil_williams_u
New Contributor II
We have many clients with unleashed systems all managed locally not cloud.

I'm looking for a way to offer some clients the ability to disable and re-enable WiFi clients for there kids, mainly phones and consoles, via an easy app. 

Now this IS possible via the unleased app, BUT i have to login using the main admin setup. I'm looking to be able to add a secondary user and NOT have to give the admin logins over to the clients.
5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
HI Neil,

Unleashed supports limited admin roles, so you can only create 3 types of admin.

1. Guest Password: Allow guest pass generation for specific or all WLAN (depending upon allowed WLANs)
2. Administration: Super Admin (Perform all configuration and management tasks)
3. Administration: Monitoring Admin (Monitoring and viewing operation status only)

Image_ images_messages_5f91c45e135b77e247a4c083_8edb5b86bc9e00023a407bf65f56c252_RackMultipart2020081199050m9vq-b15a404f-8143-4222-81b9-191b869db81a-1277747731.png1597148207

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

neil_williams_u
New Contributor II
Hmm, Confused  it doesn't allow a separate password? 

How do I put a role to a user/device? 

Cancel that have worked it out, thanks.

It does!

But if you want to limit functionality of the new user, like read/write admin access to specific WLAN, then it is not possible.

Follow the below procedure to create a new admin for client.
  1. Create a role. Go to Admin & Services >> System >> Roles >> Click Allow administration >> Choose Super admin and save settings.
  2. Now to go Users >> Create a new user and map it to the role created in first step.
Provide the new user information to client.

Note: super admin can perform all the tasks similar to default admin user.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

neil_williams_u
New Contributor II
Ok, so it would be ideal or great if there was a halfway setting or admin configurable option for an end user rather than just monitor or super admin.

Found that in monitor mode the option to block devices in the unleashed app is not available, and in super admin they have access to all settings - I may as well give them the admin log in!!

Clients are wanting more control of WiFi these days for the kids, we see it in bog standard ISP routers come with apps to easily manage parental control.