cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POE error after power cycling ICX 7150 C12p

dane_holland
New Contributor III

**EDIT 4 JAN 2021** Got my ICX 7150 C12P replaced with RMA after it was determined that there was a POE hardware failure of some kind happening.

I have two R510s connected to my Ruckus ICX 7150 C12p switch. Was working fine for months. Last night I disconnected everything to clean up and organize my comm rack. When re-connecting everything to the same ports they came from (I labeled them), POE will not start for my 510s and I see this error in the system log:
Error: PD on port cannot be powered due to power being injected on another port of this unit.
I ran the command "no inline power" on all the ports of the switch and re-enabled just the two that need it, and fiddled with the CLI endlessly last night for hours but no dice. The switch is working fine otherwise, thankfully. Any ideas why the APs decided to stop working or what's going on here? I did have a fair amount of customization on the APs, with a vlan and a bunch of rogue AP blocks in place, and it was tied in to the switch, as it shows the switch on the unleashed app, at least when they're working.

13 REPLIES 13

I'm getting the same error on my 7150.  Was this ever resolved??

**EDIT 4 JAN 2021** Got my ICX 7150 C12P replaced with RMA after it was determined that there was a POE hardware failure of some kind happening.

Thanks Dane.  I saw the update at the top about 20 mins after I submitted a Support Case with them.  Hopefully they RMA mine too.

I have the same problem does anyone know how to identify the port and log in to a putty. Or how to send the signal in the comand prompt. I have tried everything