cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to verify how much wattage an AP is receiving?

bdillard
Contributor II

I have an R550 with the current firmware on it.   It has an orange Icon in the corner of the unit about the  wifi 6 indicator.   When I click onit I get - "Not enough electricity is provided to this AP, it's capabilities are degraded.  Please refer to "unleash power supply considerations -> Power limitations by POE mode and AP Model" page in User Guide for details."    The unit I have it connected to is POE+ for the port it is on and should have plenty of power.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

This would normally be verified on the switch port the AP is connected to. The AP will only advise if it is running at reduced function set, it won't report the incoming power detail.

The R550 requires 19 watts PoE+ power for maximum operation.

I hope that helps,

Darrel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

This would normally be verified on the switch port the AP is connected to. The AP will only advise if it is running at reduced function set, it won't report the incoming power detail.

The R550 requires 19 watts PoE+ power for maximum operation.

I hope that helps,

Darrel.

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks.  My switch says it has 30 watts assigned to the port and the ruckus is drawing 6.4 watts.   My switch only has 2 devices connected to it that are POE so it isn't being over allocated.  The other AP that is connected to it is a different brand and is using 8 Watts.

If I have 30 watts available on that port and the AP is only drawing 6.4 watts, I'm wondering why it is telling me it isn't getting enough power.

sam_evans
New Contributor III

You can try forcing the AP PoE operation mode from "Auto" to "802.3at PoE" in the Unleashed GUI, then reboot the AP. 

Kind regards,

Sam 

Yeah, you have to do this in my experience. Somehow it doesn't auto-negotiate PoE+ even on PoE+ injectors.