cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Point R310 Ping test delay

Youngjae_Choi
New Contributor

Hello

I am inquiring about the delay of Access Point R310 Ping.

If you ping the AP with the configuration status in the picture below, the disconnect occurs.

I understand that the ping should not be cut off in the wired section, so I looked it up and I heard that if the AP is receiving data, it delays the ping data. Is that correct?

However, if you look at the picture below, only certain APs are frequently pinged.

※ I think there is a problem with the UTP cable connected to the AP.

◎ TEST Configuration

Youngjae_Choi_0-1681355359685.png

◎ About Ping

Youngjae_Choi_1-1681355411736.png

Please help me
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aswin_dasari
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Youngjae,

Regardless of the AP model, the delay in ping or time out might happen if the AP is overwhelmed by the huge traffic.

Another possibility for time out can be due to faulty ethport/cabling issue. However, as per the ping stats screenshot the %failed looks very less(negligible). Kindly let us know if you are facing any performance issue with the AP's where ping timed out is noticed.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aswin_dasari
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Youngjae,

Regardless of the AP model, the delay in ping or time out might happen if the AP is overwhelmed by the huge traffic.

Another possibility for time out can be due to faulty ethport/cabling issue. However, as per the ping stats screenshot the %failed looks very less(negligible). Kindly let us know if you are facing any performance issue with the AP's where ping timed out is noticed.

Thanks.

Hi aswin_dasari

Thank you for your answer.